Interesting German Shepherd Dog Facts: Myspace Comments

I am thinking of keeping a pet dog too. They can be a better companion than human beings, can give more love than anyone else and can be my most obedient friend. I have not decided which breed I should buy but my dog-lover aunt suggested me to have a German Shepherd. I was thinking of buying an Alsatian. As I revealed my plan, my ignorance also came into light. My aunt whacked me up "GSD and Alsatians are the same".

Then she explained me the history. At the end of World War 1, the German Shepherd Dog got a new name from the British as anything related to German was not favored in UK. So, the breed got a new name "Alsatian Wolf Dog". The term Alsatian is after the disputed border area ALSACE -- LORRAINE in North East France. This region was a disputed region between France and Germany and in the 17th century it was annexed by France. Later on, the name was shortened and the breed came to be known as only Alsatians. It was in 1977, that the term "German Shepherd Dog" was again made popular after number of campaigns by the lovers of this breed.
Another interesting fact about the breed is that it is also known as Deutscher Schäferhund



Send this pet ecard!
Click For more myspace pet comments


Copy The HTML Code And Paste It In Your Friends' "Post Comment" Box...


1 comments:

    ugg rainier boots is a brand seeks to become lead of fashion. You can easy find high-technology inside, but ugg rainier is hard for you to find the line ugg boots usually gone. Just do it-the motto of ugg , is also the action of uggs .

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum